Thursday 10 February 2011

Off to Huntingdon Tomorrow

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

Recently, I have been writing an article for a local magazine, about Huntingdon racecourse and in my research, I contacted the racecourse marketing department who were very helpful and provided me with some great images to use (one of which featuring a close up of AP McCoy). They also have given me a complimentary ticket for tomorrow afternoon's meeting which I am greatly looking forward to. It goes without saying I will try as much as possible to keep the Twitter page updated via the Blackberry with snippets etc (it does depend on how many bottles of lager get consumed however). Address below:-
A couple I like the look of on paper (but that may well change when I see them in the paddock).  In the 1.40 MTPOCKETS ran really badly a couple of weeks ago up at Wetherby, but is capable of far better. In a competitive opener, the cheekpieces go on in an attempt to sharpen him up and keep his mind on the job. We shall see if they work.

Probably the race of the day is at 3.10 This 2 mile juvenile hurdle brings together some rather smart types, all of which could be at the head of the queue as it were. 
Nicky Henderson's A Media Luz fell last time at Kempton, but this sharp track should suit and she will be of a warm order to prevail. 
Seven Summits was useful on the flat, initially trained by Aidan O'Brien and later Jeremy Noseda. Not the easiest start for a hurdling career, but now in the hands of Barney Curley, keep a sharp eye on the market for any stable confidence. 
I think Two Kisses and Looks Like Slim may just find one or two too good for them, which leaves us with PANTXOA. He won his first two hurdles and came back down to earth with a bump (literally, not physically) last time, ending in 5th place at Cheltenham. If he settles well I think he can take this.

MTPOCKETS Huntingdon 1.40
PANTXOA Huntingdon 3.10

So it's off to the land of nod in a bit to dream of emptying the Bookies satchels (or if the weather forecast is right, trying to keep dry - if you are at Huntingdon, I'll be the drowned rat with the silver Lambert and Butler brolly).

Cheers
Tatts

No comments:

Post a Comment