Sunday 23 January 2011

Tatty's Weekly Report: Doing Very Well

Hello everyone

Saturday's Shennanigans

Another Saturday's racing over with, which ended up with the meetings at Haydock Park and Gowran Park over in Ireland being abandoned. This cut my daily selections in half, down to 3 and from those 3, we had a 9/2 winner, putting us in profit over level stakes again. Comments for the 3 runners have been added to yesterday's posting (as usual).

The race of the day was the Victor Chandler Chase at Ascot. As I commented yesterday, I really couldn't see past Master Minded for the winner, but it was oh so, so close. I had mentioned to Mrs Tatty, as the horses rounded the final bend, that there was only ever going to be one horse in it and that Master Minded was a class above the rest on show. Suddenly, Somersby started eating up the ground and made a terrific challenge, just failing on the line. I nearly had to eat my words and lied through my teeth to my better half, saying that it was all under control. Nothing could be further from the truth and thank the Lord I didn't have any money resting on it, because I would be in the cardiac unit of our local hospital by now and not writing a further bulletin for your entertainment.

Weekly Round-up

I have just had a look back at some of the old nags that I have suggested backing for this week. From 17 selections, we have had 7 winners at such prices as 8/1, 5/1, 4/1, 11/2, 9/2,11/4 and one odds on at 5/6. I must admit to being quite impressed with those statistics and can only hope that it will continue again this week. 
Eat your heart out Micky Fitz!


It's Plug Time
I have just completed and had published an article about Great Leighs racecourse. Please click on the title below to read:-

Sunday Racing

Sunday racing, more often than not, is not up to a great deal and I have to admit that little of the fare on offer inspires me greatly. This is except for the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown, which brings together Hurricane Fly and Solwhit again for the third time this season. Hurricane Fly has prevailed on both previous occasions and there is nothing to suggest that the tables will be turned this time. Not worth a bet though as Hurricane Fly will go off at prohibitive odds.

Racing over this side of the pond is from Market Rasen and Towcester over obstacles and Kempton Park on the Polytrack. I have versed my thoughts on Kempton before, so we'll have look at the National Hunt fixtures only.

As I said earlier, none of it does a lot for me and it is difficult to suggest anything at all. If I had my arm twisted up my back and had to make a selection, I would go to Towcester and the 2 mile Novice's Hurdle at 3.05 Coolbeg should be the favourite here and will not be far away that is for sure, but Venetia Williams' OLD WAY interests me. Placed more than once when racing on the flat in France, he ran encouragingly 12 days ago in his public debut over timber at Taunton and should be able to progress for that experience.

One last thought. I notice in Saturday's Sun newspaper that trainer TR George, won the 1.30 race at Towcester in 2007 and 2009. He has Gentle Bob in the race for 2011 - could he continue the run?

SELECTION:-
OLD WAY Towcester 3.05

Good night everyone.


Tatty

No comments:

Post a Comment