Saturday 15 January 2011

Only Time for a Short Update

Good day to one and all and I hope everything is hanging straight and not perpedicular.
I am writing this episode a bit earlier than I normally would, mainly because I am considering getting up early on Sunday and taking my rods down to the river for a few hours. It does depend on the weather somewhat and whether I could be bothered to crow-bar my back end out of the pit at some ungodly hour of the day. Will more than likely be a fishless waste of time anyway, but hey-ho!

Racing Snippets
Well, we had a pretty good day on the ponies on Saturday, where JAMES DE VASSY did the business for us at 8/1 (earlier available 11/1 and better). As for my other choice, NIGHT WITCH ran well and wasn’t too far away in 4th. She may be worth keeping an eye on for the future. KAUTO STAR however was disappointing and did not seem his normal self. You can generally rely on him to make a mess of at least 1 fence in a race, but he just didn’t seem right and as if age was catching up with him. I hope it was just a bad day at the office, but I do have my concerns.

Now on to today’s fare. In the early months of last year, TRANS SONIC won 3 times in short succession at Southwell and in the 3.35 at the same course, I believe he stands an outstanding chance of returning to winning ways. Down in class, he has not been disgraced when running at higher levels and the booking of Joe Fanning is eyecatching. The meeting at Ffos Las doesn’t excite me at all, so we’ll leave that well alone.  
RESULT : Unplaced - Broke well and made the running on the rail. Asked the question about 2f out and had little to offer.

That’s all for this time. A bit on the short side I know, but things will be back to normal soon.

Keep swinging,

Tatts

No comments:

Post a Comment